Monday, May 11, 2009

pride

Just got out of a bible study on pride. My boy Jay really challenged us with the word tonight.

Two (out of the many) texts on which I'm going to meditate:

"For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong. God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God. He is the source of your life in Christ Jesus, whom God made our wisdom and our righteousness and our sanctification and redemption. Therefore, as it is written 'Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord'"


-1cor1:26-31

"For who sees anything different in you? What do you have that you did not receive? If then you received it, why do you boast as if you did not receive it"


-1cor4:7

My prayer is that the Lord would search my heart and remove all that is not like him. This study was right on time, b/c i was a little bit discouraged after reading about a lot of the nonsense that people do under the title of christianity today. Stuff so ridiculous that I would have never believed it had I not experienced it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment