Thursday, January 8, 2009

bschool/gmat/nyc/cops/new stuff/etc

I'm trying out a new firefox add-on. We'll see how it works.

I was able to successfully submit my applications to business school. I poured my heart and soul out into those 5 essays (i used a common application...If any of you care, I can email you my app essays) and my prayer is that I would get in and get a full scholarship!!

NYU is still my top choice.

I retook the gmat on wednesday morning and did really well. God is gracious.

I spent a lot of time in brooklyn with my family. I went to my parent's church and my sister's church each sunday (parent's 7:30, sister 11:00). I helped my sister with cleaning out her new diggs (my grandmother's old house) as her and her future husband (the wedding is on 1/17) will be living in brooklyn.

I actually went out and did some shopping, only because I have a strong feeling that deals wont always be this good. I got some clothes, a winter jacket, A NEW CAMERA (nikon s610 - wide angle lens, it is awesome...my old camera with the broken LCD became a completely broken camera when it dropped about 20 feet to the ground out of my pant's pocket. I had plans to fix the LCD again, but that drop killed the camera) and a 750gig hard drive (laCie usb 2.0).

I'm going to use the hard drive to backup my 160gig external hard drive which has ALL of my pictures, video and documents from the past 7 years. One day I was sitting around asking myself "what would i do if i lost all the pictures that are stored on this hard drive?".

ummm...

I didn't leave nyc and come back to baltimore until late monday/early tuesday (i submitted my apps monday night, ate dinner and then hit the road). I got pulled over by police in my maryland neighborhood for going ~50+ in a 40-->45 zone. They didn't give me a ticket b/c they were radaring a car that was going 45 in the 40 and i "blew by that car". I was terrified when they asked me if i had any drugs.

I'm REALLY behind with things for my job. I've been sick and i've also been having a hard time getting focused (i really needed a break after putting in so many hours on my applications). I'm going to catch up tonight and this weekend.

I've got an all day studio session on saturday. I'll bring my camera and take pics/video!!

No comments:

Post a Comment