Monday, February 2, 2009

Ben&Jerry'sCCCD/cop complaint/taxes/prison letter

Just getting back in the house from monday night bible study. I've been bothering the host about not having ice cream in the freezer (i actually put a sign in her freezer that reads "no ice cream = sin") and today there was a single serving cup of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream in her freezer to greet me!!

I've received a lot of different counsel on how to proceed with filing the complaint against the officer that pulled me over. I have judged the counsel that I received from a cop that attends my monday night bible study to be the best. I've already got extra hours for the month, so i'm going to take some time off tomorrow and report the officer directly to his internal affairs unit (to ensure that my complaint doesn't just get swept under the rug by more crooked cops).

I'm slowly getting my tax forms in the mail. In hindsight, I didn't do as poorly in my active stock market trading (on zecco.com) as I thought I did. The daily stock watching put me through a lot of heartache. I will never watch stocks on a daily basis ever again (unless it is in a bull market).

I got another letter from the new brother in the faith who is currently in prison. It was really a blessing. I sent him a package with a letter and some sermons on the role that the word of the Lord is to play in the life of the believer. My prayer is that the Lord would:

-richly bless him in his spiritual growth
-shield him from false teaching
-powerfully remind him of the trustworthiness of his promises
-through his word, work a joy in him that will cause him to rejoice and be thankful in all things
-physically protect him

No comments:

Post a Comment