Tuesday, July 27, 2010

concert

Went to a free Chrisette Michele and Musiq Soulchild concert in brooklyn @ wingate park. I had VIP seating b/c my dad is active on the community board and they extended free VIP seating to him - he reserved a seat for me.

I was able to get seats in the VIP section for my sister and her husband. I asked a security guard very nicely to let them into the section and he did. They just couldn't go to the bathroom (wristband required to get back in).

Chrisette Michele is hands-down my favorite singer. She is a soul/rnb singer, but she is a believer - and it permeates all of her songs. She has an amazing voice and she *writes* BEAUTIFUL songs.

She sang my favorite song towards the end of her set, here's a video of that song:


She also dedicated a song to her father, who was in the audience. It was so beautiful. I never realized that the song was about her father until tonight. Helped me to see it in an entirely new light.

Here's the song:

I can't imagine that a single father with a daughter that didn't well up when he heard her sing this song. I mean...it is such a beautiful song. It's called "your joy".

ummm - i may or may not have made a sign with a marriage proposal on it for the concert.

It was also really encouraging to hear her speak of the Lord during her set with a high degree of reverence.

No comments:

Post a Comment