Wednesday, March 30, 2011

this momentary marriage

"I love using my tiny digital camera. But the larger and more complex a subject, the more nearly impossible it is to represent it well and completely. No single photograph can show someone how magnificent the Grand Canyon is. It's true that my shortcomings as a photographer do nothing to change the majesty of that natural wonder. Still, some snapshots do give a better idea than others of the grandeur. I want to take that clearer kind of picture of the Grand Canyon. And that's the kind of image of Jesus I want our marriage to display"

-Noel Piper

1 comment:

  1. Hmm. I want our marriage to be a snapshot of the Messiah. Very noble pursuit that could bring both parties to focus more on serving the other than on the faults of the other. That could surely make the "becoming" one flesh take less than the full lifetime.

    ReplyDelete