Sunday, March 1, 2009

slumdog *no spoiler* and stuff

Went to go see slumdog millionaire with my bro and my mom this past weekend. Awesome movie. Great action, great story, great suspense and great dancing at the end (well, the dancing was ok, but the fact there was dancing at all was awesome). The love story that is intertwined with the rest of the plot is most definitely one for the hopeless romantics (a group of which i am not a member - i found myself overanalyzing the romantic part of the story for the ENTIRE movie like "wait - there's got to be more substance than THAT...this is just infatuation!" kind of overanalysis). This movie will certainly go on my favorite movie list (maybe higher than "mean girls" but definitely lower than "enemy of the state")

I got into yale!

NYU is still my top choice, but ultimately, i'm going to go to the school that offers me a full scholarship (pray that i get one!). I mean...i can pay back the student loan debt, but it would be awesome to get out of school with $0 in debt.

Now that I have one finalized admissions decision, i'm going to start applying for outside scholarships and reaching out to people that gave me scholarship money when I was in undergrad. About 2 years ago, I actually addressed a group of students that were receiving the same scholarship that i received as a senior in HS - and the people that gave out that scholarship pulled me aside after I spoke and let me know that "If [I] ever need help funding the next level of [my] education, don't hesitate to contact [them]". Trust that i'm calling tomorrow (maybe tues since the east coast is going to be snowed in). Prayerfully the economy hasn't made their scholarship funds short.

I took greyhoung to nyc this past weekend (i was too sleepy to drive up on thursday night - i purchased a ticket for the last bus). On the ride back down to MD, I pulled out my company laptop and caught up on some work. After 4 hours of work on the bus, my laptop still had 54% battery life (which equated to about 3 hours of life). SEVEN+ HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE?!?!?!?!? wow.com/whoknew.html


On my personal IBM T30, i'm lucky (providentially blessed?) to get 30minutes unplugged! There are some times when the battery will jump to empty if I attempt to use it unplugged for more than 10mins. I've had this laptop since 2002...so...yeah.

I'm definitely going to have to buy a new laptop for grad school. I *LOVE* ibms (they're called lenovos now). They have this mouse button in the middle of the keyboard that I cannot live without.



see the red button? that is the mouse. I guess ibm has a patent on it, b/c i don't see it on any other laptops (well, dell's used to have it, but for some reason, they stopped putting them on their laptops). They've made a loyal customer out of me. OH! in addition to awesome mice (mouses?) they also have excellent customer service...so yeah. I can remember getting a <32hr turnaround for mail-in servicing (called on a sunday night, got the mailer box monday morning - sent laptop in, got my laptop tuesday morning).

I'll probably wait until i'm officially a student to purchase a new laptop tho, there will probably be some sort of student discount or something.

to bed i go. RC sproul has some covenant stuff up on the ligonier video. I'll probably throw one or two of those on tonight before i go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment