Monday, January 3, 2011

Car Accident

There was a huge blizzard in NYC last weekend. The department of sanitation was poorly prepared to handle the weather.

In the first hours of the blizzard, while driving home from church, I hit an ice patch on a street that had not been salted and ultimately skid into a parked car.

I did some damage to the body and I also knocked off the sideview mirror of the parked car.

I believe that the Lord used this experience to humble me. I consider myself a really good driver with a superior driving sense. I am definitely part of the 70% of drivers that count themselves in the top 10% of drivers. As a result of this, i'm often impatient with other drivers. I find myself growing frustrated when i'm stuck in traffic that is the result of accident rather than praying for safety and recovery.

I think this experience really helped me to be more compassionate and i think that it will ultimately help to make me a safer driver.

I *just* put my car in the shop. The cost to repair my body damage is less than my deductible. The person whose car i hit *just* called me and we agreed that i would pay for a replacement sideview mirror - which shouldn't cost more than $250.

Prayerfully, this transfer of money will go well. I'm considering writing up (i AM going to write up) an agreement in case she tries some shady stuff that has to be dealt with in court.

1 comment:

  1. "(i AM going to write up) an agreement in case she tries some shady stuff that has to be dealt with in court."

    Yup yup.

    ReplyDelete